We are excited to announce Andrea Vail as our 2019 Sensoria Featured Artist! Her project titled Bridging is a large scale fabric based installation created in collaboration with the community that surrounds CPCC. Vail will source imagery from photos posted to the Instagram hashtag #cpbridging, and we want your images to be included!
Follow these instructions to be a collaborator for the Bridging project and have your image included in the final piece:
- Locate something with a pattern that represents you or create your own. This can be anything that relates to culture or identity ( a tattoo, a grandparent’s quilt pattern, a cultural or religious artifact). The more visual contrast, the better – look at the pattern and squint your eyes, if it blends together, its best to find something else.
- Take a close-up picture of it – make sure that the image is crisp and vibrant.
- Post the picture to Instagram and use the hashtag #cpbridging
Images that do not meet the following requests will be deleted:
- Please do not post images of copyrighted logos or anything that can be deemed offensive or illegal.
- make sure the image is crisp and well lit – – dark and blurry images will not be printed.
For examples of what to post, click through the hashtag to see what others have posted!