Thinking about getting some early Christmas shopping done? The Holiday Art Market is in full swing! Come by the Ross Gallery and check it out! Monday-Thursday 10am-2pm.
CPCC Central campus has a full calendar of receptions for the month of November and we would love for you to join us for them all (or as many as you can). The schedule and show notes are as follows:
- Thursday, November 8 from 5-8 pm in Ross Gallery, Central Campus Overcash Building
- Please join us for the reception for the Holiday Art Market! The market features art from local artists, CPCC faculty, staff, and students. There are lots of pieces priced $50 or less, so please join us for an evening of sweet treats and local art shopping!
- Wednesday, November 14 from 4-6 pm on the 4th floor of the library, Central Campus Hagemeyer Learning Resource Center
- The Balance Show would like to extend an invitation to you to join them for their reception of their current exhibition located on the 4th floor of the Central Campus Library.This Show has been entirely built, designed, and written up by students, so stop by and celebrate their success! They are still accepting submissions up until the reception date, click here to learn more.
- Wednesday, November 14 from 6-8 pm in Pease Gallery, Central Campus Lower Level of Learning Resource Center
- Join us as we host our final Reception in Pease Gallery before demolition of the building. The Airy Knoll Farm Show : Cross-Pollination showcases work from students and professional artists who visited Elizabeth Ross’ farm in Middlebrook, Virginia this summer. This is the final Airy Knoll Farm Show on CPCC campus and we would love for you to join us for an evening of light refreshments and fellowship.
The Balance Show is currently set up in the 4th floor of the Library! We’re pleased to announce that we’ve already sold a few pieces, and the show’s Reception will be November 14th from 4PM-6PM, right before the Airy Knoll Farm Show Reception.
This Show has been entirely built, designed, and written up by Students and we’re pleased to announce that, due to extra space, we will keep the Show open to all members who’d like to submit until the Day of the Reception!
You may download and print the application attached here VAC Balance Exhibition Show Application and pay $3 for the Application fee. Please keep in mind that 20% of the sale will go to the Visual Arts Club for next semester in order to fund the High Museum Trip to Atlanta that we will be talking about soon! Due to this being entirely student run, there will be no insurance value on artwork, we understand that this might deter some from showcasing work.
Pieces DO NOT need to be framed, however, framing is preferred. You also DO NOT need to sell your work.
3D Pieces can be submitted but there are limited Podiums and we do not recommend anything small scale. These pieces will be displayed for the Reception and removed after the reception to ensure the safety and security of these pieces, as such there will be no cost associated with any three dimensional work placed into the show.
The Show will go until November 30th and will be the last show in the Balance Gallery before it goes down!
Submit your artwork to be on display during our Holiday Art Market in Ross Gallery, Central Campus.
All works must be listed at $50 or less. Due date for artwork drop off is Wednesday, November 7, 2018 by 2:00 p.m.
All students are invited to join our Holiday Reception on Thursday, November 8 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Gallery Hours: Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and one hour before Theater Performances