September 19, 2012
Ever wanted to learn to talk like a pirate? Well, you’re in luck! September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. And to celebrate the day the way it was meant to be celebrated, Mango Languages offers a language course in Pirate!
Follow these five easy steps to get started speaking Pirate:
- Go to Mango Languages (if you’re off-campus, you will need to log-in with your CPCC Login at this point)
- Create an account or simply log-in, if you already have one. (This account is different from your CPCC Login.)
- After logging in, select Courses from the menu.
- Choose Pirate from the menu listing of languages.
- Click Launch to begin learning Pirate!
(And remember, once International Talk Like a Pirate Day is over, you can still use Mango Languages to learn a new language, such as French or Spanish.)
Also, in order to celebrate the day in style, why not check out some of the pirate-related booty that the library has to offer?
Pirates of the Caribbean Movies
And did you know that you can change your Facebook page to read in Pirate?
To turn your Facebook feed into Pirate, click on “Account Settings” in the upper right navigation bar, then click on “Languages > Edit,” and scroll down to “English (Pirate) – and your Facebook page is translated into Pirate!
Finally, Mango Pirate is also available to library patrons via the Mango Mobile Library Edition smartphone apps.
Filed under: Online Resources