The November Resource of the Month is Global Issues in Context. This database focuses on broad issues, such as war, genocide, terrorism, human rights, poverty, famine, globalization, world trade, nuclear proliferation, and global warming, as well as more specific events and topics in the news that are related to these broader issues. It also includes detailed information on nations to provide a foundation for cross-cultural studies and, International periodicals and news sources that bring additional insight and currency.
Global Issues in Context includes a variety of sources and media formats:
- Overviews summarizing background information, historical context, and contemporary stances
- Expert perspectives analyzing an issue or event through multiple aspects
- Reference documents providing background information on all issues and nations
- Full-text international magazines, academic journals, and news sources
- Primary sources
- Statistics, including interactive graphs, tables, and charts
- Multimedia elements
- Links to Web sites, including government sites and organizations
Have questions about using this database or the research process in general? Feel free to contact a CPCC Librarian.