The College Senate had its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, August 18. Thank you to our guest speaker, the new Vice President of Student Affairs Chris Cathcart, and the senate executive team for a great first meeting. The following are updates and reminders from the meeting. Please share with your peers.
Join a Senate Committee
At the August 2020 College Senate meeting, each senate committee introduced itself, its purpose, and its potential priorities for the 2020–21 school year.
- All senators are required to serve on at least one senate committee (you may serve on more than one). If you are a senator, please submit the form to indicate your committee choice by Monday, August 24.
- If you are not a senator, you are also welcome and encouraged to join senate committees, and/or to attend committee meetings. Please indicate your committee choice on the form and pass the form on to anyone else you think would be interested in serving on a senate committee.
Review Meetings Minutes
The draft of the August senate meeting minutes are available for you and others to review. These minutes are not considered final until after they are approved at our September senate meeting.
New Student Affairs Hours
Mr. Cathcart shared new hours of operation for Student Affairs starting this semester. Student Affairs will have limited rotating staff in each of their departments on each campus Monday, Thursday, Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., and extended hours Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
Come to the September College Senate Meeting
The next full senate meeting will be on Tuesday, September 15. Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Heather Hill will be our guest speaker. You can submit questions for Dr. Hill in advance here. Please continue to encourage your colleagues to attend senate meetings. The Webex links to all of this year’s meetings can be found on the Meetings and Minutes page of the College Senate website.
Learn More About College Senate
- Learn more about the work of each senate committee.
- Subscribe to the senate blog to get regular updates about senate work and monthly meetings.
- View the senator roster to learn more about who is a senator this year and what the senator responsibilities are.
- You can share questions, concerns, and comments via the senate open feedback form.
Please share this with others, and reach out to email@example.com, a committee chair, current senator, or College Senate President Owen Sutkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or comments.