Jennifer Perkins, College Senate President-elect, 2018-19

Congratulations to Jennifer Perkins, College Senate President-elect 2018-19!

headshot of Jennifer Perkins

Jennifer Perkins

Bio
I started my career back in 1995 as an elementary school teacher soon after earning my Master’s degree from Queen’s University. From the start of my teaching career, I knew I wanted to make a difference in the lives of my students for the rest of my career. To this day, I love teaching students and enabling them to be proactive learners and advocates in their education.

In 2004, I started teaching developmental English courses for CPCC, and shortly thereafter, I joined the ACA department. I worked as an adjunct instructor for six years before I was hired to teach full time in the fall of 2010 as an ACA instructor. I have always considered myself fortunate as I get to teach students to be successful whether that be through a college student success course or a study skills course or a transfer success course. My job is literally to help students to be successful in the college classroom and in life itself.

Now, I am even more excited to offer my expertise to my fellow faculty members through professional development. In my current position, I am able to facilitate learning opportunities for faculty and staff here at CPCC. As a peer developer with the professional development department, I mentor new faculty members at the college, facilitate new faculty training on a monthly basis, coordinate and schedule Focus Friday events for all faculty and staff at the college, and provide ongoing training as needed at all six campuses.

Candidate Statement
: Over the years, I have worked closely with adjunct faculty and full time faculty with bi-annual training sessions at the start of every semester. As well as training faculty for ACA, I have also worked to train and prepare summer bridge instructors each year to work with our incoming summer bridge students. I have served on the scholarship committee, summer bridge committee, college senate, curriculum committee, completion by design, IT committee, institutional effectiveness committee, and the communications team. My willingness to work and serve this college is abundant from the shear fact I thoroughly enjoy making a difference in the lives of our students, faculty and staff. Serving as college senate president would only enhance my work here at the college to that next level of leadership. I would be honored by the opportunity to serve and make a difference here at Central Piedmont Community College.

This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.