Denise Keating, College Senate President-elect, 2017-18

Congratulations to Denise Keating, College Senate President-elect 2017-18!

Headshot of candidate Denise Keating

Denise Keating

Ms. Keating’s candidate statement:

Bio
As a librarian and library manager at the Harper Campus Library for 5 years, I understand the importance of collaboration to provide the best possible outcome for students and the college community as a whole. My position has afforded me the opportunity to partner with faculty from various programs to design and implement library instruction focused on critical thinking and research skills meeting Critical Core objectives. I also work with students every day and see how each of us can have a positive impact on a student’s life. I have served on College Senate for 3 years and was voted 2015-16 Outstanding Senator by my fellow senators. As chair of the Professional Staff Welfare Committee (PSWC), we have worked to increase senate participation and awareness of College Senate initiatives.

Candidate Statement

Student Success
Student success is dependent on faculty and staff working closely together to provide high quality instruction and support services. College Senate is the voice that ensures that faculty and staff are valued and given the tools and resources to do their jobs, resulting in an engaged community committed to innovation and student success.

Knowledge Sharing
In the age of information overload, let us come together as a community to harness our internal knowledge to spur innovation, engagement and student success. One of the ways to bring forth improved communication, accelerated innovation and strategic learning within our community is to develop a culture of knowledge sharing. Let’s create knowledge sharing solutions where we can easily connect people to information, people to process, and people to people. 

Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Respect
I am committed to fostering a culture of equity, diversity, inclusion and respect where everyone feels they have an opportunity to make a difference. We must be committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse community of employees that reflects the students that we serve and ensuring that all of our community members feel they have a voice.

I take this opportunity to serve as President-Elect seriously, and I promise to listen, ask questions, and advocate for our community.

This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.