There’s lots of opportunities for jobs and college transfer information on campus this semester. Check them out below:
Graduation Application Deadline March 1st:
The deadline to apply for graduation in Spring2018 is March 1st 2018. You must apply for Graduation through mycollege (see image below). Select “Graduation Application” Then select the degree or certificate you wish to apply for. In about a month the Graduation office will send you an email with more information and you must reply to that email with the information they request. Otherwise you won’t graduate.
BACE Internship (www.bacecorp.com )
Are you proficient in SOLID WORKS? Have you taken AutoCAD? Do you have a Mechanical or Electrical background with an understanding of Mechanical Manufacture?
BACE is hiring a PAID, Part-time (18 hours ) Internship position. If you are interested in learning more about this or other opportunities you can contact: Eric.Easton@cpcc.edu
CPCC Job Fair :
More than 70 employers have indicated they are hiring Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology students from CPCC. Many will be present Thursday, March 8, 2018, from 11am-2pm at in the Worrell Gym on Central Campus. Best practices are to bring updated copies of your resume that are targeted to the employers you plan to speak with. CPCC students should bring their Student ID to the fair and are welcome to Contact Career Services to schedule an appointment or visit drop-in hours on the Central or Levine campuses: Central – Wed 11am-1pm, CH 122 / Levine – Tue 12-4pm, check-in at the Levine I Student Success Desk
- Be sure to Dress for Success!
- Research the list of companies attending the fair and be prepared to ask good questions, such as, “What are you looking for in a successful candidate?”
- Not sure what to say? Practice your Elevator Speech as a part of your Career Fair preparation!
- Attend Job Search Prep Day. This Thursday, March 1 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. in room 122 Central High, we will be hosting this drop-in event where students can stop by for tips on their spring job search, their resume, and preparation for the Career Fair.
- While supplies last, students will receive a professional folder and 10 FREE printed copies of their resume for the Career Fair or other job search needs
- Extended drop-in hours in a computer lab where they can actively work on their resume with career counselors on hand
- Quick tips for interviewing, job search planning, and making a great first impression will also be available
With fewer than 12 weeks until graduation, students need to launch their job search now. We hope this event will get them started.
If students cannot attend these drop-ins, they can always make an appointment with a career counselor by calling our offices at 704-330-6433 or e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Advising and Registration for Fall 2018 courses.
Priority registration for Fall begins April 20th. Be sure to meet with a faculty advisor in the Engineering Technology Division (NOT Central Advising) before then to plan our classes. You can see the different faculty advisors on our Faculty and Staff page.