Filed under: Cato Campus Library
Cato Library’s (and Cato Law Library’s) Spring hours end Friday, May 10.
Cato Library & Cato Law Library will be closed Monday, May 13 – Friday, May 17.
Don’t forget that everything you have checked out from any of the campus libraries must be returned by Friday, May 10.
Here are the Summer 2013 hours:
May 6, 2013
Our Annual Book Sale, benefiting United Way and the CPCC Libraries’ Theresa Thompson Scholarship Fund, will be held on Thursday, April 18th. Don’t miss this opportunity to get some great books and videos at bargain prices!
In order for this event to be a continued success, we need your donations!
Kick-off spring cleaning this year by weeding your book or video collection. To help us raise funds for a great cause, drop-off any gently used books or dvds you can spare at the Cato Library (CT-250). Donations will be accept up to the day of the book sale.
If you have any questions, please email Retha.Hall@cpcc.edu or call the Cato Library @ 704-330-4818.
April 4, 2013
Don’t forget this weekend is Easter and CPCC will be closed from Friday (Good Friday), March 29th – Sunday (Easter Sunday), March 31st.
March 27, 2013
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to full time students for the Fall 2013 semester. Information and eligibility criteria for the Theresa Thompson Library $cholarship is located at www.cpcc.edu/library/scholarship. The deadline to submit all required documents is April 15.
The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC)
To be eligible for the CPCC Library Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a full-time student, currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more in an approved degree program leading to a two-year degree
- have completed at least one full-time semester at CPCC within the past two semesters
- have a cumulative CPCC GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- submit a completed application with supporting documents
- write an original 550 to 750 word essay on how the CPCC libraries have helped you achieve your educational goals thus far
- submit a letter of recommendation from a CPCC faculty or staff member that you have known within the last two years
For more information about the scholarship program & access the application documents, visit http://www.cpcc.edu/library/scholarship.
March 21, 2013
Cato Library has a Group Study Room (Room CT270) available for “check-out”.
Here are the basics about the Group Study Room:
- Minimum 2 people per group.
- There is a 2-hour time limit–which may be extended at the library staff’s discretion.
- Study groups may reserve the room up to 2 weeks in advance. Otherwise, use of the room is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One member of the study group must sign the room out & leave their CPCC student ID at the library’s circulation desk. No CPCC student ID = No group study room.
- Dry erase markers and erasers are available for check-out.
February 28, 2013
Spring Break is almost here! Spring Break for CPCC is March 11 – 17.
The Cato Campus Library hours that week will be:
Monday, Mar. 11 – Thursday, Mar. 14 8am-4pm
Friday, Mar. 15 CLOSED
*The Cato Law Library will be CLOSED the entire week of Spring Break.
For Spring Break hours of other campus libraries:
Have a fun & safe Spring Break!
-from the Cato Library Staff
February 27, 2013
The CPCC Libraries and Student Life present a Black History Month Celebration: “Chatty” Hattie Leeper, the first African American woman on North Carolina’s radio airwaves. Ms. Leeper got her start as a DJ on WGIV in the 1950s and went on to become a record producer and even ran her own record label.
The CPCC Libraries are honored to have her speak about her life as a radio pioneer and about her deep roots in Charlotte that have a strong connection with CPCC’s earliest days.
Please help welcome Chatty Hattie to CPCC by coming to hear her tell her unique story on February 12, 2013 from 11am-12pm in Tate Hall in the Overcash Building on CPCC’s Central Campus and broadcast on the Harris Campus in building H2, room 2124.
The Levine Museum of the New South’s Dr. Tom Hanchett will be guest emcee. The event is free and open to the CPCC community. Staff can register for the event in LearnerWeb.
“Chatty” Hattie’s address will also be broadcast in real time at each of CPCC’s five suburban campuses.
For more information, contact Mark Coltrain, firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 30, 2013
The Cato Library’s Spring Semester hours will begin on Thursday, January 10th.
Spring Semester Hours
Cato Library Spring Semester hours:
Monday – Thursday 8am-6pm
Saturday – Sunday Closed
December 17, 2012
The end of Fall Semester is here! Just a few reminders before you head off:
- Campus Libraries close starting Wednesday, December 12…except for Central Library, which will be open until Friday, December 14.
- All materials checked out from any of the Campus libraries MUST be returned by Tuesday, December 11.
- You still have time to take advantage of Fine Forgiveness Days…it runs until Dec. 11th. Bring in personal care items and/or non-perishable food items (to be donated to The Harvest Center) to get your library fines waived! 3 items = $1-5, 4 items = $6-10, 6 items = $10+. Please ask any library staff member if you need more information.
- Check at the library’s Circulation Desk if you have lost a USB drive this semester…someone may have found it & turned it in! You must be able to verify ownership.
- Have a relaxing time off and…Happy Holidays to all of you from the Cato Library Staff!
December 7, 2012
November 12, 2012