The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC). It is made possible through library fundraising projects. The deadline for submitting an application for the scholarship is coming up in a month, on November 7, 2014.
To be eligible for the CPCC Library Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a full-time student, currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more in an approved program leading to a two-year degree.
- Must have completed at least one full-time semester at CPCC within the past two semesters, excluding the current semester, at the time of application and have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher from CPCC. A copy of your current transcript must be submitted with the application.
- Submit a completed application with supporting documents.
- Write an original 550 to 750 word essay on how the CPCC libraries have helped you achieve your educational goals thus far.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a CPCC faculty or staff member that you have known within the last two years.
- Library employees, including work study students, are NOT eligible to apply.
- Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester only; previous Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship winners may not reapply.
For more information and links for the application and recommendation forms for the scholarship program, visit http://www.cpcc.edu/library/scholarship.