Our Annual Book Sale, benefiting United Way and the CPCC Libraries’ Theresa Thompson Scholarship Fund, will be held on Thursday, April 18th. Don’t miss this opportunity to get some great books and videos at bargain prices!
In order for this event to be a continued success, we need your donations!
Kick-off spring cleaning this year by weeding your book or video collection. To help us raise funds for a great cause, drop-off any gently used books or dvds you can spare at the Cato Library (CT-250). Donations will be accept up to the day of the book sale.
If you have any questions, please email Retha.Hall@cpcc.edu or call the Cato Library @ 704-330-4818.
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to full time students for the Fall 2013 semester. Information and eligibility criteria for the Theresa Thompson Library $cholarship is located at www.cpcc.edu/library/scholarship. The deadline to submit all required documents is April 30.
The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC)
To be eligible for the CPCC Library Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a full-time student, currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more in an approved degree program leading to a two-year degree
- have completed at least one full-time semester at CPCC within the past two semesters
- have a cumulative CPCC GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- submit a completed application with supporting documents
- write an original 550 to 750 word essay on how the CPCC libraries have helped you achieve your educational goals thus far
- submit a letter of recommendation from a CPCC faculty or staff member that you have known within the last two years
For more information about the scholarship program & access the application documents, visit http://www.cpcc.edu/library/scholarship.