August 30, 2010
Archives – August, 2010
- A current CPCC employee or student ID card is required to check out library materials at the Cato Campus Library.
- Materials at the Cato Law Library are for use inside the law library only.
- The library has a plethora of resources to help students with research and other assignments. Instructors are encouraged to requests library instruction sessions for their classes. Due to planning and scheduling, we ask that sessions be requested two weeks in advance.
- If you have any personal or library owned materials that you would like placed on reserve for library use only, complete an online reserve form and bring items that you want placed on reserve to the library for processing.
Information regarding faculty resources and online forms for the above requests are located here.
Netbook Checkout at Cato
It’s here! The Netbook has arrived and is ready for students to check out. In order to check out a Netbook at the Cato Campus library you will need:
- Your CPCC ID
- A flash drive
- And to sign a Netbook Agreement
be a Star student
Be sure to stop by the Cato Campus library and check out our display of books to help you study and learn. And yes, you can really check them out! Click on the covers below for more information.
August 24, 2010
-Eugene F. Ware
For those of you who have dared to begin, dared to learn something new – welcome to the Fall 2010 semester. The Cato Campus Libraries have many resources dedicated to helping you have a successful and enriching semester. The Cato Campus library is located in Room 250 in the Cato II Building. The Cato Law Library in located in Room 200 of the Cato I Building. (Please view our hours of operation)
In order to continue to providing excellent service, please check out the followings news tidbts:.
1. New Hours at Cato
The Cato campus library will be open Monday – Thursday, 9 am to 6 pm.The hours for the law library remain the same. Assistance is available 24/7 through the CPCC Libraries website.
2. New Rules for borrowing library equipment!
The library has received new HP laptops in addition to Dell laptops already available for checkout by faculty and staff. However, there are some new rules for checkout:
- Instructors checking out laptops and data projectors or Kindles for use, will need to sign a borrower agreement which will be kept on file.
- Reservations for equipment need to be made in advance to ensure the equipment you need will be available, when you need it. (At least 1 week in advance is recommended) An Equipment Reservation Request Form can also be completed online.
3. New Netbooks for Students
Perhaps you prefer to type your research paper in a cozy chair in the library. If so checking out a Netbook would be an ideal option. Netbooks are available for use inside the library for 2 hours per check out. A CPCC ID and signing a Netbook Borrower’s Agreement are required for checkout.
The Cato Campus libraries’ staff looks forward to serving you for another semester. So please stop in with your questions or just to say hello. A new part-time librarian, Lauralee McDonald has also joined the Cato team. Welcome Lauralee!
News and updates will be posted every week, so come back often.
Let’s make this a great semester !
August 18, 2010