It will be held at the Grady Cole Center, adjacent to the CPCC Central Campus.
“It” is EmployUP, the largest hiring event of the year for CPCC students, alumni and community members.
Previously known as the CPCC Career Fair, EmployUP aims to connect job seekers with Charlotte/regional businesses and organizations that are actively hiring. But this is not your typical CPCC Career Fair. Check out what you can look forward to at this year’s event:
- Employers hiring for full-time job opportunities: Over 50 companies are attending this year’s event. All of them are hiring for full-time positions.
- Companies targeting A.A.S. programs: Attending companies are hiring students and graduates specifically from CPCC’s A.A.S. programs.
- Networking opportunities for undergraduate and transfer students: Undergraduate students and students who plan to transfer to four-year institutions can meet and network with regional employers who you might be working for someday.
- Free professional photos: CPCC students and alumni can have their professional headshot taken to be used on LinkedIn, your online portfolio or professional website.
Take time before EmployUP to prepare for the event. Over the next month plan to:
- Create or update your resume. Career Services can help. Schedule an appointment with a career counselor to review your resume or get tips on how to create one. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive feedback.
- Prepare professional attire. Professional dress is required for admission to EmployUP. Make a positive first impression by dressing for success when meeting with employers.
- Learn which companies want to hire you. Visit the list of attending employers to learn which companies are seeking candidates with your skills and qualifications. Take time to find out information about the companies you plan to meet.
- Practice what you’ll say to employers. How do you greet employers at a career fair? What do you say to peak their interest in inviting you for an interview? Practicing and delivering a solid elevator speech is key.
Check back to the Career Services blog each week from now until EmployUP for detailed tips on how to make this event a successful job search strategy. Stay tuned to Career Services on Facebook and Twitter for more up-to-date information. Check out the Career Services Pinterest page for helpful boards that include details about attending companies as well as resume, interviewing and professional wardrobe ideas. Bookmark the Career Services homepage for helpful information, too.
It’s time. Get ready for #EmployUP16!