EmployUP takes place this Thursday! Over 50 companies are attending, recruiting candidates for full-time jobs!
Here are 8 last-minute details and tips to be aware of as you prepare for this fantastic hiring opportunity.
1. EmployUP takes place Thursday, March 3 from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Grady Cole Center, adjacent to the CPCC Central campus. Please see the parking map for location and parking information.
2. CPCC students and all veterans can show their student and/or military ID to use the VIP entrance and avoid long lines!
3. Professional dress is required for admission. Check the Career Services Pinterest Boards for information and sample photos that show what professional dress means.
4. Research companies attending. The list of participating companies provides information about each organization that will be on site, including the A.A.S. degrees they are seeking.
5. Bring copies of your polished resume. You’ll be giving them to company recruiters. Follow resume guidelines provided in the Career Guide. Review your resume for typos.
6. Practice your elevator speech. This is the introduction you’ll give to employers when you approach their tables. What you say and how confident you look when you say it is important!
8. Review the EmployUP Student Information Page that contains tons of tips and links to help you make this event successful for you. A great place to start is the EmployUP Tips Video.
EmployUP is going to be a great event! People are going to be called for job interviews and potentially receive job offers because of this career fair. Why shouldn’t it be you?